16 Times Mum Needs a Gin and Tonic
Kids may cause problems but we couldn’t love them any less, however there are some times when you might wish gin & tonic could help out.
- When you know baby has been sick, you can smell the sick but don't
know where it is until you get into your pjs that night. #sickinbra
- When, with every effort made to be somewhere on time (for once) baby decides he doesn't like chosen outfit and successfully poops EVERYWHERE... How does it get up to the shoulders?
- When someone says "oh you must have loads of time if you’re just looking after a baby."
- When someone gives child rearing advice and they have no kids .
- When people advise on the next stage that baby will sleep "through" and it's all lies!
- When baby is crying in a public place and another parent looks at you smugly because theirs is asleep.
- When your teenage daughter bursts through the door, tears streaming down her face to tell you that Zayn has left One Direction…
- You and your partner are all dressed up, the cab is booked, table is reserved and the babysitter cancels.
- When you’ve booked a family holiday but your teenager refuses to go because there is no Wi-Fi.
- When finally the house has gone quiet but you can’t relax as that means the real trouble is surely about to begin.
- When they ran out of paper to draw on….so used the wallpaper.
- When that bolognese you slow-cooked for hours ended up on the floor, kitchen blinds, the furniture, and you but none went in your toddler's mouth.
- When they want to watch Frozen again.
- When braiding your daughters hair, you find a louse. Time for haircuts for the entire family.
- When you make them their favourite dinner only to discover they don’t like it anymore.
- When you make them their favourite dinner but the peas are touching the mashed potato so surely everything is ruined forever!